Saturday, August 09, 2008

The Ndjerareou's go green!

This is my new favorite recipe:
2 cup oats
3/4 cups walnuts (chopped)
1 cup peanuts (chopped)
1 cup almonds (chopped)
1 cup cashews (chopped)
2/3 cups brown sugar
1/2 cup honey
4 Tbsp butter
2  tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp Kosher salt
8 oz dried  fruit

Set oven to 400 degree. Place nuts in a pan and roast. Stirring regularly so not to burn. Mix butter, honey, vanilla, salt, over medium heat.   Combine nuts, fruit & oats, stir in mix and press into pan.  Set aside.

I chose this recipe because I really have problems baking.  I rarely get it right, this time was no different.  For a different twist on a granola bar, omit oats!  Just as good!

2 comments:

Katie said...

Okay, don't tell Shaun about this.

Don't tell him I'm trying his recipe, either...

:)

Sarah Kay said...

I've been throwing these in the freezer. A really nice treat. (Remember the no oats mix--the cold makes it stick together and it's sort of like a healthy candy bar.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails