Friday, April 18, 2008

Now What?


Ohkay, yes. I did wonder what could be worse than a long snowy winter? Now, I would like to withdraw the question! After days and days of rain. . . long, gray, cold rain. I was about to loose my Christianity (figure of speech people.) But seriously, I picture myself standing before the Lord on "Judgement Day" and if God mentions "the winter of '08?" Well, I think I should be excused from this one. . .it's not like He doesn't have any say in the matter!

That's what I thought, until this morning. Imagine my surprise when I hear we've had an EARTHQUAKE! No, I didn't feel anything. I'd gotten up with a stuffed up, and cranky Sophia at 2:18 am and only crawled back into bed around 3:50 in the morning. I do know several workaholics who were jogging, or sitting at their desk, or brushing their teeth, when the earthquake rearranged things on tables a little after 4 am.

Now, I have a new plan. No more waiting till "Judgement Day!" Snow & Rain are one thing--but an EARTHQUAKE?? You don't have to tell me twice. I'm REPENTING!! Getting down on my knee's and confessing anything that comes to me. "Because, (as Lewis Black says) I know what the next season will be. . . LOCUSTS!"

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails