Tuesday, April 15, 2008

The Coco Chanel Award


"How many cares one loses when one decides not to be something but someone." ~ Garbrielle "Coco" Chanel
For incredible style and grace demonstrated under pressure, Elizabeth Smith you deserve recognition for making women feel incredible even in the face of severe weather.  Last Thursday, my dear friend Elizabeth had launched into her presentation of the beautiful Cabi clothing line to a dozen women, when nearby, the tornado sirens warned what we had already assumed from the horizontal rain hitting the window panes.   When we casually flipped on the TV we were alarmed by a giant red angry looking cloud hovering right above our location on the TV map.
None of this phased Liz, we simply scooped up the beautiful clothes (and the wine) and moved the party to the basement. She didn't miss a beat, anythings easy compared to being a mother of three boys, right?  In fact, I think it loosened everyone up a little.  (or maybe that was the wine)  Anyway, a great time was had by all!
  On the way home I realized I hadn't bonded over clothing like that with other women since college!  What I love about Cabi--besides the high quality, and the fact that their not juniors clothes or clothes my mother would wear (sorry mom--you know what I mean!) but I LOVE getting clothes in the mail!  New favorite thing!  


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails