Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Small town happenings. . .

I had a strange run in today that made me shake my head(I am not proud of myself but at least I will try to be honest.) Because of my position at a very public Chamber of Commerce I get courted by local businesses. It isn't uncommon for me to have a meeting or two a week with a business person who wants to meet with me to see what I can do for them. It meets multiple different purposes and is always good for me to get to know the businesses I represent. Its a natural in my line of work. It appears so is being courted by insurance brokers or financial investors that are looking to add women to their talent base. Any women reading this that are interested in either of those call me I know of a NUMBER of positions that are looking for you.
Anywhoo as I left the private corner office of one such business I walked right past the mailroom and ran into an old highschool acquaintance who was obviously an assistant at the firm. This particular individual was not the nicest person back in the day and I suppose you could consider her a bit of a bully. So you can imagine my smug delight to be reintroduced by the head of the firm and the stunned look on her face at our change in fortune. Who knows this girl might make more than I do but at that moment I didn't care! Some things you never grow out of. . .

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails