Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Love Notes

My husband is always able to find new ways into my heart and his encouraging e-mails to me are so sweet. Its not so much that he's a poet, or even that the have to be profound, but as a writer seeing his thoughts in print always moves me. Its amazing to me that one person can be that kind and understading and tender. The miracles of love constantly amaze me at their constancy. Erin Bird, our friend and mentor, counsels couples on their wedding day that the first day of their marriage is actually the day they love eachother the least.
I am still so new at everything connected to love and marriage but no matter how hard it gets its the most valuable gift I have ever been given. I am thankful that God created us as creatures that could grapple with huge problems and yet we could also get the giggles. Its the tender moments that remind me of Gods endearing qualites he revels in our laughter.
Thanks to my husband and my friend who takes the time to know my heart and touch it.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails