Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Simple Pleasures

I just got of the phone with my adorable husband and I have to say that it never ceases to amaze me how he can go straight to my heart. Since we got engaged we discovered the need to make one night a week "date-night" it may sound cliche but unless we made it a priority it was so easy to get busy with other 'important' things that we never made time for ourselves. For both of us it was an object lesson, its up to us to make our relationship a priority. There a plenty of great causes out there to take up an evening but good is the enemy of the best and so we have begun setting aside time inorder to sneak away and spend some time together. The goal is to do something "unnessecary" so cleaning, cooking or unpacking usually don't apply. Neither do conversations that start with "we need to" if they can be at all possibly avoided. The result has been a wonderful assortment of conversations about life, politics, art, and our own personal hopes and dreams. (I call them strategy sessions) I am always struck by the fact that I knew I loved my husband but its so nice to be reminded how much I enjoy him.Well tonight he is surprising me. I have no idea what we're doing or where we are going. I am a sucker for any surprise. I think anticipation is half the fun.

1 comment:

Katie said...

You have to let us in on the surpise later!! Don't forget!

Also, to your last post--I have SO been there and it made me laugh so hard! Good for you!

Katie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails