Monday, June 08, 2009

Dear Friends















O LORD, do not forsake me; be not far from me, O my God. Come quickly to help me, O Lord my Savior.  Psalm 38:21&22

"God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea,though its waters roar and foam  and the mountains quake with their surging. Selah" Psalm 46:1-3

Thank you to everyone who's been keeping up with our  new adventure.  Being far from home has taken its toll. Especially when you need the encouragement of your brother's and sisters in Christ.   

Honestly, I've never experienced stress & pressure vicariously like I did this weekend.My heart really goes out to my husband, sort of like a caged animal, unable to find relief.  Even Sophia was having nightmares, and old issues from my past were rearing their ugly head. (Something about not being able to help, or have any control over our future) And we're not the ones in the middle of it all! Please join me in praying for Nate, that he may honor God and finish our time here well. 

In God's providence, the Ndjerareou family (most of them at least) will be traveling to Berkley this week.  We're so looking forward to seeing them! And full of thanks.

I'm also so thankful to Richard Marsceau, for recommending Sunset Church. As God would have it they are not far from us. This weekends sermon was so personal for me. A reminder that God is in control of every moment.  Thank you in advance for your prayers.

"Certainty is the mark of the common sense life. To be certain of God mean we are uncertain in all our ways, we do not know what a day may bring forth. This is usually said with a sigh of sadness, it should be rather breathless expectation. We are uncertain of the next step, but we are certain of God."~ Oswald Chambers

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails