Friday, May 08, 2009

Celebrity Sighting San Francisco





















Ohkay, so I don't watch soaps, or read romance novels but I do have a habit that I'm not always proud of--I love watching stand-up comedy.  Admittedly, it's not always the cleanest commentary on life but that's why Nate and I started watching on Friday night--far away from Sunday.  We love to laugh, what can I say?  So much so that we figured out if you find a fairly clean comedian, skip the last joke. It's always the dirtiest.   
Maybe it's because I speak for a living but I think in another life I would love to do stand-up or be a jazz singer (but thats another blog).  I think humor is a gift from God. Unfortunately, it's finding humor in things we rarely talk about that is so humanizing and powerful. This leads to a lot of jokes that aren't the most uplifting, even if they're honest.  I believe great humor lifts the burdens of life and brings people together, especially if its about every day life.

I digress, but as Cosby says: "I told you that story so I could tell you this one." I recently saw Aisha Tyler's one-hour comedy special all about growing-up in San Francisco, being a bi-racial couple, having no-butt and her Friends experience.  So when we stumbled into her and her husband at Fisherman's Wharf yesterday,  I immediately shot a look at her backside and told Nate there was the black girl from Friends!   What can I say, I'm a product of my  culture, but she made my day! 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails