Monday, February 06, 2006

Superbowl Surprise (and thankfully I don’t mean any “costume malfunction”)

They say necessity is the mother of invention. Last night about 20 minutes before our guests were scheduled to arrive, I reached into my cupboard to for a stash of Rotelle tomatoes, to make a handy tasty chip dip. (thank you Katie and Shaun, Super bowl 2000)

The problem with buying things in bulk is you get so used to having a TON of stuff you don’t realize you run out of something. Suddenly I needed to make chip dip fast.

The result:
Velveeta cheese
Diced Tomatoes
1 Package Taco Seasoning

Melt tomatoes and cheese (adding seasoning too early it may cook on the top not in the dip) mix in a couple teaspoons of taco seasoning to taste.
Makes a mild yet flavorful nacho dip. It was a surprising hit last night so I though I’d share.

Speaking of last night, was anyone slightly disappointed with the commercials. A couple of good ones, but I actually ended up watching the game. Go figure.
And thankfully none of us wanted to see any exposed parts of Mick Jagger. But Naomi said it best “Is it only me or does it look like he wore that in Junior High?"
Worst Commercial: Easily the dancing hamburgers, toppings and the stupid Burger king guy.
"I don't think I can ever eat a whopper again." And that's saying something for Nate
Don't believe me check out www.whoperettes.com
For more commercials http://video.search.yahoo.com/?fr=06-sb

1 comment:

Katie said...

That's funny- I couldn't resist posting on Mick Jagger, either- don't know if you saw that or not. I was completely disappointed with the commercials, too.

I like your take on the cheese dip- looks yummy, though not quite as easy and I'm always tempted to go with easy! ;) But if we run out of Rotel, I will keep this in mind!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails