Monday, September 14, 2009

Sole Rebellion: Workout Woes


“What spirit is so empty and blind, that it cannot recognize the fact that the foot is more noble than the shoe, and skin more beautiful than the garment with which it is clothed?” Michelangelo


I must have a very empty soul as empty as my favorite shoes! This summer I picked up a gorgeous pair of four inch wedges by Sofft. They're fabulous, so comfy I've been wearing them all the time! They're a little dramatic but that's right up my alley. Of course there's a catch. . .whenever I'd go for a walk in my tennis shoes I'd develop the WORST shin splints. Running was slightly better but I was dying.

Thankfully, my massage therapist figured out my center of gravity was off. Everything was on my heels. She recommended switching to flats for a while. I know how absolutely vain this sounds but suddenly ALL my pants are too long.

One week in flats and the legs are feeling better. My massage therapist is SO good ;) I'm never going to give up the heels, but everything in moderation. Right? Perhaps the foot is more noble, but it always looks better in great shoe!

2 comments:

Julie said...

haha, i totally get what you're saying about now your pants are too long. such a pain!! love this post. and love that pic! miss you...hope you all are well :)

Andrea Cooley said...

I want to see a pic of the infamous shoes!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails