Saturday, October 14, 2006

Coffee Talk!

Did you know that Mild coffee has MORE caffeine than Robust or Rich blends? Nate and I certainly didn't, we typically drink the the exotic Kenyan or Ethiopian coffee's, French roast to make it potent. Don't forget your Free Trade coffee, I love it when my vices make me feel globally responsible! Of course, I believe Nate drinks strong coffee for the taste, I falsely believed it packed more of a wallop. Believe me, I can do just about anything after a good cup of strong coffee (or two.) Most of my favorite work has been done in coffee shops and for the first time a friend of mine behind the counter of one of my favorite haunts asked me "well that depends on how much caffeine you want?" Who knew? Thank heavens for friends who care!
This week Nate and I got a babysitter and spent our lovely date night in another coffee shop shoulder to shoulder writing upcoming speeches. I know it sounds ridiculously mundane, most women give their left arm for a date with plenty of conversation and eye contact, but I loved every minute of it. I got to stretch my brain and it's been delightful to have a medium we can share. Nate is an incredible partner in every sense of the word. What can I say, I like my men like I like my coffee, dark, strong and rich! Well two out of three ain't bad right!

Look for his work at http://www.watershedmovement.com/pages/listen.html and I will be at Bethel College in Minneapolis on Monday http://jenellparis.blogspot.com/2006/06/like-oh-my-gosh-i-cant-believe-im.html

1 comment:

Hannah F said...

Sarah Kay--

Thank you so much for speaking in our class. I feel encouraged and uplifted by your story and your spirit. It was wonderful to meet you, and I thank you so much for sharing your heart.

Hannah
http://hannahcakes.blogspot.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails