Friday, November 11, 2005

Living in the Burbs

You know you live in the suburbs when you have a baby gate for your dog.

You know you live in the suburbs when you buy a piece of furniture to hold the TV before you buy furniture to hold your clothes.

You know you live in the suburbs when you don’t think twice about picking up your dogs droppings on a walk. Or worse, that you worry what your neighbors will think if you don’t.

You know you live in the suburbs if you know your late to work because you can hear the school bus, or if you go to work early so that you won't get soaked by the automatic sprinkler system.

You know you live in the suburbs when you walk around your house holding your laptop to figure out which one of your neighbors has the strongest wi-fi signal.

You know you live in the suburbs when you wave at your neighbors every time you see them but have no idea what their names are.

You know you live in the suburbs when you get upset with Pottery Barn for stealing your home decorating ideas.

You know you live in the suburbs when you stop subscribing to InStyle and start subscribing to Parents Magazine.

You know you live in the suburbs, when you sigh contentedly every time you walk into Target.

You know you live in the suburbs when you and husband plot ways to get the garbage man to take your left over pumpkins, or any other oddities.

Got any others? I'd love to hear them.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Oh my gosh I loved this- outloud laughing.

My creative juices are zapped for tonight- can I just feed off yours and add my own "you know you live in the burbs when" later? :)

(I'm sure I have many all around me.)

The Durbin Family said...

I echo Katie...laughed out loud at these...so very true! ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails