Monday, November 14, 2005

Hit by my own car!

It was just one of those days, rainy and cold as always I was probably doing too many things at once when I pulled into the drive way. Since our garage door opener still sits in the box on the floor warm and dry inside, I had to open it up myself. Imagine my surprise when I turned around to see my car moving towards me! Throwing myself onto my Solar to slow its momentum I was suddenly watching my car move into my garage on its own. Thankfully my driveway is slopped up, slowing the momentum and the extra weight of baby etc. . . all worked in my favor. I slipped across the hood of my wet car in time to steer the moving vehicle away from the walls. Unimpressed by my Dukes of Hazard move I quickly looked around to see if my neighbor’s were watching.

I can’t think of better incentive to install that garage door opener!

2 comments:

Katie said...

I'm so glad that you, your car, and your garage are all okay- but having said that, this is hilarious!! The only thing better than reading this would be watching it on video in slow motion!!

The Martin Family said...

SK, that is so funny....I loved the Dukes of Hazzard comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails