Monday, April 30, 2012

James: Mercy Triumphs, Beth Moore

James: Mercy Triumphs, Beth Moore
One of the privileges of having the Lord lead you through suffering--is comforting those who find themselves walking through heartache.

"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort,  who comforts us in all our affliction, so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God." 
 2 Corinthians 1:3-4


Part of my greatest joy, coming to The Village Church, has been finding a community of others seeking God in the midst of their pain and being able to encourage and uplift. It's brought dignity and purpose to the most chaotic and humbling portions of my life.  Experiencing the God of all comfort work through me has been powerful.   It's also created a thirst for more of Him and a hunger to fill up the well as it runs dry from use.  I'm learning how important it is to ingest God's word in order to pour yourself out in His name, for his people.

James has been a feast to my soul. Not only have I loved the study, the in-depth time in the word and the challenge to memorize it. I've loved Beth's teaching available on-line. As well has the amazing Rush Creek women who've opened their lives to me. I simply set out to refresh my own soul, and the Lord has blessed me with Godly women who inspire and carry me.

My take: 4 out of 5

Book Description: Lifeway Publications
Bible scholars compare James to the prophet Amos. In other ways James more closely resembles the Book of Proverbs than any New Testament book. Come along with Beth Moore on a journey to get to know both the man and the Book of James. You will never be the same again.
Topics in this study include: joy, hardship, faith, reversal of fortunes for rich and poor, wisdom, gifts from above, single-mindedness, the dangers of the tongue, humility, and prayer. Plus, Beth introduces a 5-tiered study approach that she has never done before.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails