Sunday, April 29, 2012

Hearing Jesus Speak into Your Sorrow by Nancy Guthrie


Hearing Jesus Speak Into Your Sorrow by Nancy Guthrie
   All of Nancy's faith, suffering and perspective find their voice in this brilliant book. Blessing us with her hard earned theology.   Refined in the crucible of suffering, this book is every woman's guide through the difficult questions of life including but not limited to infertility and loss.

 This book has ministered to me and my dearest friends as we have wrestled with God in the face of deep heartache and sorrow. I adore how Nancy mine's the scriptures for the heart of God and his heart for his children amidst the destruction of life this side of heaven.   I'm so thankful for how she has grounded my wandering faith that struggled to hear God's heart in the midst of my grief. This book is great for a support group, or anyone who's trying to shed deeper insight on the theology of suffering.

My take 5.5 out of 6

Book Description by Tyndale House Publications:
In this paradigm-shifting book, Nancy Guthrie gently invites readers to lean in along with her to hear Jesus speak understanding and insight into the lingering questions we all have about the hurts of life: What was God’s involvement in this, and why did he let it happen? Why hasn’t God answered my prayers for a miracle? Can I expect God to protect me? Does God even care? According to Nancy, this questioning is not a bad thing at all but instead an opportunity. It’s a chance to hear with fresh ears the truth in the promises of the gospel we may have misapplied. It lets us retune our souls to the purposes of God we may have misunderstood.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails