Tuesday, January 03, 2006

T Minus 32 Weeks

“Are you having any contractions yet?” The doctor’s question hung in the air this morning and got both our attention. The good news is baby is fine and I am having a relatively boring pregnancy. Our little girl can give some intense heartburn, and bless her heart she keeps kicking my ribs out of place alternating left and right (which is tough on the back and breathing ) She is a lively little one. All the things Nate and I planned on doing after the holiday, well that time is now and it has never seemed so real. So at this point, we have miles to go before we sleep. I keep thinking, breathe, breathe, one step at a time.
“So how are you feeling?” Nate asked me cautiously as we left the OB.
“Do you remember that first day of class, what did we call it, Syllabus Shock, its all hit me at once how much we have to do.”
“No, this reminds me of the first time as a freshman, when you look at all the requirements for graduation and think-- this is going to take a miracle”

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails