Monday, January 30, 2006

And Two Shall Become One--Another Marriage Perk

"Nate, you're job is to tell me if I ever have some streak running down my face, or lipstick all over." Saying this while putting my make-up on in the car, a little trick I use to make sure I never get too-highmaintenence.
"Oh, no pressure!"
"Well I figure, if you love me you won't let me look ridculous right? I think that's biblical"

Guys, I am always amazed that a gift of great perfume can make a woman feel beautiful and special every time she puts it on. Personally, since its a gift from my husband its like a compliment in a bottle. And everytime I pick it up I feel great about myself and him.

Yesterday while standing in line to order my favorite fastfood indulgence: a Whoper, gotta love em. Suddenly while taking my order, the eighteen year-oldish kid behind the counter looks up and asks. "Are you wearing Chanel?"
Suprised, I nodded looking confused. "It smells SOOOOO good." He gushed complete with eye roll for emphasis.
Wow, I guess great taste can be found in surprising places. I have been wearing Chanel, anything by Chanel, since I graduated from college. Before that I discovered that everytime I hugged my good friend and french professor, that I always smelled great. The lingering affect was delightful, and I remember thinking what a great way to be remembered! So my first big splurge when I got my first job was a pair of knee-high leather boots and a bottle of CoCo Channel. Now I never feel dressed w/out it. But I have always enjoyed the fact that the tasteful perfume is not overwhelming. At least I thought, until yesterday? Hmm. In my defense I had JUST put it on, but I do hope someone close to me will tell me if it ever gets to be too much.

1 comment:

Katie said...

This was such a pleasant, fun read. I'm glad you posted it. I should appreciate the power of perfume more...and I loved your first two splurges as a working woman. So funny. I think this was the perfume mentioned in Seceret Life of Bees...? Have you read it? I love that ad you found- hilarious!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails