Tuesday, January 10, 2006

God’s Call List

This weekend Nate and I decided to turn a Chicago trip to drop off his little sister at college, into one last pre-baby indulgence. Nate was able to get an incredible rate on a four-star hotel and we planned on exploring the city without a care or purpose. Then my cell phone range somewhere in Old-Town Chicago, a friend of the family was calling about a church member who was stranded at a hospital in Chicago without any support system. As I listened I got those Holy Spirit goose-bumps and kept waiting for the women to say “And then I talked to your mom and she said you were ACTUALLY in CHICAGO.” The more we talked the more it was evident she had no idea where I was, at that moment I knew it was a God thing and not to be ignored. All I needed to know was the name of the hospital, when she called me back I was even more stunned and made her repeat the name of the hospital three times. She kept saying it at the exact same time that I was driving past the hospital, now in Lincoln Park.
Thankfully I am married to an incredibly God fearing man who didn’t hesitate when we changed our plans for the day. He has told me several times that he believes God uses me specifically for these situations but now I am beginning to believe him. More importantly than anything I could bring to the situation, I was thrilled that the hospital was within walking distance of my old church and may actually be able to connect all the dots.

3 comments:

Katie said...

Wow. That's amazing. Isn't He amazing in details?!

The Durbin Family said...

It was so good to see you all this weekend. I'm so glad we fit into God's plan for your Saturday. :) I hope we didn't scare either of you (poor Nate!) with our labor and delivery story...remember: when it's all over, it's the BEST THING in the world!!!

Linda D said...

update, update, update!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails