Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Snow Day

Well we are definitely going to have a white Christmas this year. We have had several days where it has snowed all day leaving three to six inches each time. Its been pretty but a little overwhelming although this is our first year in our condo so we do all our association fee’s feel worthwhile when someone else has come each time to shovel the walk.
Today was the first day they have cancelled school because of snow, I think everything is worse when the news forecasts the worse storm ever, our community has been through three of these already but this one seemed to slow us down and I blame the news. It subconsciously affects us. Although the four or five inches doesn't help. For me its been strange since I graduated from highschool there have been several snow days but this has been the first one I have had since I moved back to town and it had a strange affect on me. It was my old school and it was a snow day, so suddenly all I want to do is watch movies and go sledding. I feel like a kid again
Around here we rarely get this much snow, we usually get ice, instead and so the other day I went hunting for a good pair of snow boots in my closet. I found all sorts of boots knee high boots, brown boots, ankle boots but no sensible snow boots. Why don’t I have snow boots? I wondered, and then the answer hit me, because I’m vain.
So I’ve borrowed a pair of my mothers boots that are twenty years old and you know what they really are exactly like what’s back in style now.
On a side note here I sit watching the baby story on TLC while they shovel my walk and suddenly the woman on the screen is having a home birth and starts screaming and moaning. I find myself running to the remote trying to turn it down fearful that the workers will think I am dying inside and try to check on me. On top of that my dog doesn’t not know what to think of these strange people that are working on her territory. Do you punish your dog for barking I mean if it was a stranger I would want her to bark so what is the difference to her? Well we’re going to enjoy our snow day one way or another

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails