Monday, December 12, 2005

Anxious Anticipation

This morning I had several tests and shots so I hung out in the waiting room of my OB and found myself staring at all the mothers and fathers with children if trying to soak in every bit of parenting. I think its finally hitting me that I am not just pregnant but that we will be having a child. I feel like Rachel on Friends when she realizes she’s read every book on pregnancy but none on childcare. For those of you who don’t know, Nate and I weren’t exactly expecting to have a baby this fast so it’s a little bit like whiplash, the most wonderful type of whiplash anyone could ask for. This morning, I went in for my gestational diabetes test and since I have O negative blood, I also needed a shot. Now I sit and wait to see if I passed, Nate and I both have family history of diabetes and this is the one that makes me the most nervous. So here’s hoping.

Anyway while sitting in the waiting room all morning I thumbed through my new bible, Parents magazine and came across these little tidbits that I had to share.

How Embarrassing:

“I was out for a walk with my 3-year-old daughter, Emily an my 1-year-old son, Alex. I needed to stop by our local sporting-goods store to get some information, but I didn’t have any money with me. So I warned Emily not to ask for anything from the candy machine. While I was talking to a sales assistant, Emily walked up to a customer and said, ‘Can you buy me some candy? Mom has no money.”

“My husband isn’t always patient when he drives behind slow, elderly drivers and his attitude seemed to be catching. I was mortified when my 2-year-old daughter, Megan, pedaled her tricycle past an older woman and shouted, “Outta my way, Grandma!”

“My 3-year-old, Christopher, asked me why babies, stay in their mother’s belly. I told him that a mother’s stomach is kind of like a house, and babies stay safely inside until they are ready to come out. The next day he asked his pregnant preschool teacher, “Can I see the door where your baby’s going to come out?”

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails