Monday, August 08, 2005

Tag Lines

Pieces of Glass
A Moment of Tragedy, A Lifetime of Faith

"A true story of a young woman’s attempt to put her life back together after real-life tragedy strikes
Her entire future seemed to shatter in a single moment after her fiancĂ©’s skiing accident left him severely brain damaged and unable to communicate. Author Sarah Kay Ndjerareou turned to writing to map out what was happening in her soul. In Pieces of Glass, Sarah Kay searches for hope in a God who heals unimaginable pain. In this honest—and ultimately healing—account, she shares her struggles with God as she tries to rebuild her life through the pain, doubt, and depression, wondering if she has hit the limits of her faith. Winner of the “What’s In Your Head?” National Writing Contest"


This is a synopsis of my upcoming book but I would love your input on an appropriate tag line. A tag line is the sentance after the title that gives you insight into the make-up of the book.
Here are a few ideas I am throwing around:

A Moment of Tragedy, a Lifetime of Faith

Take a Closer Look at God from the Wreckage of Loss

Discovering Hope from the Ashes of Tragedy

When Young Love is Cut Short by Loss, Can God be Trusted?

A Moment of Tragedy, A Long Road Towards Hope

A Moment of Tragedy, Hard Questions of God


Let me know if you like anything in particular or feel free to make suggestions.
Thanks

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the first 2. The first one is short and to the point-which is good and catches your attention. The second one is also good but may be too long. Good luck! The book sounds very interesting.

Katie said...

I like the first one. Having not read your book yet, it's difficult to say. I also think you could insert other words in that same tagline, for example, "a moment of tragedy, a lifetime of peace...or joy...or Love." What is your book most centered on, faith? If so, then I would assume faith is the pefect choice. Or are you considering faith the opposite of tragedy...because I just looked up the antonymns for tragedy and one of them is blessing. That might be neat: "a moment of tragedy, a lifetime of blessing." Or hope...okay, now I've given you more thoughts than you cared to receive on this!! I just got into it! Sorry! I know whatever you choose will be perfect! (But in case you were wondering, the other antonyms for tragedy are miracle, wonder, success,happiness, design, plan, joy...and the list goes on.) Good "luck" !!

Katie

Anonymous said...

Hey girl - I always thought it interesting that the French word meaning "to hurt" is "blesser." That word is precariously close to our word "blessing." To me that implies that our blessings are also our hurts. Of course that is not how we use the word "blessing" in Amercian Christian pop culture- usually we mean it to say "things are going my way and I am so BLESSED!" but I don't think that is the way it works. Anyway, what I am trying to say is that I like the tag lines that intertwine the tragedy with the blessing, because they cannot be separated. As you well know! Just some thoughts.

-E said...

I think the tag line should play a bit off of the title. If "Pieces of Glass" is going to be the official title, then the tag line should be something like "Rebuilding Faith in the Face of Tragedy" (or maybe "the Window of Tragedy")

Just typing out loud here...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails