Monday, July 18, 2005

The power of words

Today I recieved a thank you from someone I had assisted, this wasn't even a potential client, but a very proffesional individual who is looking to move to our area. The individual will probably be a CEO in a major firm, plus it is in my mandate to create a better "business community," but aside from that I love to help people be sucessful.

It is rare for me to recieve any thank you notes but I try to send them as much as possible (well at least at work I still have a stack from my wedding that mock me daily) Any way, what touched me was that this person said, "it's very clear why you are a Director, you are incredibly knowledgable, helpful and kind." This line spoke straigt into so many of my insecurites about my position. I have so many clients and not near enough support to give them all the attention they need but in a moment this person made my year.

Its a helpful reminder for me that so often a kind word is easily given and highly motivating and yet how often do we pass them on. Kindness is the best offense and its also the cheapest.

To all of you reading this thank you for your support and daily inspiration. I have discovered that when I feel close to my friends I am so much more productive. When I am connected to you I feel I can do anything!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails