Thursday, July 07, 2005

Over Achievers Anonymous

In less than three weeks my manuscript needs to be in my publishers hands.
One minute I think it will be no problem, we are almost there, no worries, the next I am freaking out. How on earth I am I going to do this? Plus keep my job and will anything I write be good? Will anyone ever want to read it or will my first stab at my dream die b/c I didn’t have the time to develop it well enough?

I am a bit of a basket case these days. But if I listen to my own lines, being crazy is an essential element for art, at least in my case. So to quote my own favorite write Nora Ephron “Everything is copy.” Meaning, if its driving you nuts, write about it, if you’re about to loose it, share the world your perspective from the loony bin.

Here’s to you Nora, and every woman, man or child that tried to do to much and died trying. Once a Wheatie, always a Wheatie right!

1 comment:

Katie said...

I love Nora Ephron, too!! Great scripts!

You will get through this and it will be exactly what God wants it to be for you. He wouldn't set you up for failure, so hang in there, carry on...you're almost there!! I am so excited for you...in more ways than one! ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails