Friday, March 03, 2006

Dana Update

From a recent e-mail

"I'm splitting my 6 months here in half, half in Loki and half with Dale Hamilton the float plane guy, and Nairobi is only for breaks. I'm working directly with the pilot who I've described in my journal as Jordan Thomas if he went to RVA. I'm living in a house up the "street" but it's pretty jungly so they let me eat and work here and sleep and relax there (they're obviously the ones with the computer that I'm using now). I like it. His wife is Texan so I'm eating 5 times better than I ever ate in CR and am being treated with the utmost hospitality. They even have satelite radio! Everything here is on solar power with a generator that runs occasionally and I have a small battery that allows me a small fan for most of the night before it runs dry. Running two lights at the same time is out of the question but I have candles so I can still write and read and study the bible, just with some preplanning...like doing it while the sun is up. I'll be helping out at the airport but nothing specific yet except certain small projects, which I'm learning is the pioneer missionary way: endless small projects. I go to bed at 10 and wake up at 7 to have an hour to myself before breakfast at their house so my last hour and my first hour are my own, and sometimes an hour for siesta if it's hot...and it's hot! But I wasn't here 3 days before the rain came so I'm thanking God for that cause they really need it here. "

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails