Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Confession of a Book Lover

"Never trust a person who has not brought a book with them." Lemony Snicket

Wanna know an author's dirty little secret? The real reason I don't own a Kindle or Ipad is because I don't actually BUY as many books as I read. (don't abuse the system-just support your local library!)

Library day in our house is one of mommy's favorite. Typically, I go on a book hunt when my house needs a good scrub. An audio book helps the brain stay engaged while the details get done. Recently, I discovered Book Page a free magazine offered by the library filled with book reviews. Everything from Erik Larson to the debut novel of Ravi's daughter Naomi Zacharias gets a review for people like me who need a little help getting out of a reading rut.

I know I'm a little obsessed, I circle a book then reserve my own copy on-line from my local library. On a regular basis I get an e-mail from the library to come in and pick up the latest on my list. It's Netflix for books!

Latest Loves:
The Oracle of Stamboul: A Novel
Chasing Cezanne: A Novel
Counterfeit Gods: The Empty Promises of Money, Sex, and Power, and the Only Hope that Matters

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails