Thursday, October 09, 2008

NOTES FROM THE ROAD



A sign in front of a autobody repair shop:
WE MEET BY ACCIDENT 

At a Rossetta Stone kiosk in the Detroit airport
LEARN IRISH. . .(Not Gaelic or Celtic but Irish--someone help me I'm still confused)

At a jewelry store in town:
NOT LIFE INSURANCE.  .   . WIFE INSURANCE!

On my coffee cup:
"I used to think that going to the jungle made my life an adventure. However, after years of unusual work in exotic places, I realize that it is not how far off I go or how deep into the forest I walk that gives my life meaning. I see that living life fully is what makes life--anyone's life, no matter where they do or do not go--an adventure."
Maria Fadima--Geographer, ethnobotanist and National Geographic Emerging Explorer. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails