Thursday, January 10, 2008

Happy Birthday Nana!

Yesterday Sophia and I got to play delivery elves for my father (Papa.) Every year on her birthday my father has been giving my mother a rose. One for each of the years they've been together. This year that meant 30 roses plus one, for the year they dated.

Nate, Dana, Sophia and I added half a dozen Calla Lillie's for an incredible bouquet in celebration of a wonderful women. Wednesday means Mom's working at the University of Iowa School of Dentistry. Since I had my hands full with the massive birthday surprise Sophia went on ahead carrying a single red rose. Slipping up next to Mom's elbow a little voice announced 'Mmnabe ebabr ya Flower for Nana'
Sophia performed her part delightfully and stole the show and every one's heart in an instant. Even after opening her impressive romantic assortment of flowers, it was clear little hands and a little heart made the perfect birthday gift.




















No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails