Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Grab your mittens baby! We're going North

Even geese are smart enough to know in winter, you head south. But today Nana, Sophia and I are facing due North and traveling over 12 hours to the land of my ancestors. Crazy--oh you have to be! We're heading up to celebrate the life of my great-aunt Hazel. Who went to be with the Lord this Sunday. It will be a joyous celebration of a rich life and a dynamic women. Most importantly Sophia will get some G-G time (great grandparents.) With the brutal cold and unexpected illness, neither were able to join us for Christmas so we're packing every piece of warm weather clothing we have and moving out. Both my parents grew up in the frozen state of North Dakota, and are well versed in winter survival driving. But being raised knowing that the heat of one candle can keep a grown man alive in a car, well that's knowledge I'd rather never cash in! A little crazy when you're applying it for your toddler! But people live up there quite happily and I'm sure I'll have plenty to share when we get back!
Oh just in case you were wondering, the rainbow like things on the picture are called SUNDOGS, they appear when its REALLY cold.
N.B.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails