Sunday, May 14, 2006

Happy Mother's Day To Me



What a wonderful weekend--the treasure's kept on giving and I have to share:
Nate and I spent Friday night at the wonderful bed and breakfast that
is my parents home--so they volunteered to get up durring the night with
the still recovering darling that is Sophia. As they say "its a young person's game."
And then Saturday-I was able to capture the "amazing Sophia's" new rolling over
trick on film--a wonderful gift. My mom and I got to spend some quality time shopping
for me--its so nice to be in anything Non-Maternity while Nate got some quality time
with his baby that wasn't at 4am. Then the joy continued when Sophia was the guest
of honor at one of my parents dinner parties--I hear she was a hit (special note here with my baby being sick I have voluntarily quarantined myself so all this pawning her off was not typical--just neccessary. When I find out who contaminated my baby--whew won't be pretty)
While Nate and I got a great dinner with friends a little Barnes and Noble--oh I missed that place--and then a movie--missed that too. Then this morning I got to read an entire Sunday NY Times--I know a little liberal but pure bliss. Today I discovered something of a women's soul--I remebered when I was little and I discovered my mother's stash of tooth fairy notes, macaroni art and of course cards. Hand made cards-store bought cards etc. Today I got my first card from my baby, I know I have recieved many wonderful cards from special people including my husband--but somehow nothing is as special as that sweet little card from my daughter on my first mother's day. The only thing to do next is find a box for my stash. Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

The Durbin Family said...

She is SO cute...I can't wait to see her in person again...

The Martin Family said...

I'm so glad you had such a great weekend, with some time for just you & Nate. I can relate to going through all the old cards, sentiments, etc....I just love doing that kind of thing! Really brings you back...and yes, now it will be so much fun to start your own collection from Sophia!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails