Friday, April 21, 2006

Overheard

"Well it is confusing because Chile is a country and a food." Said Nate to Sophia yesterday morning. I was the only one that seemed confused by the topic of their conversation until I realized they were looking at the large world map that acts as a decortive headboard in our bedroom. Nate and I have spent so many Saturday morning's staring up at Antartica that we've considered hanging it upside down. So Sophia's geography lesson's are starting early--which is important in our family--you never know where one of us is going to turn up--especially Nate's father.

"Is being a parent what you expected?" I had to laugh at this one, because this implies that either Nate or I had any expectations. At the moment the fatigue is starting to get the better of us and finishing a sentance is a great achievment--but we're starting to fall into predictable patterns.

"No, take the Porsche and keep planning our trip to Asia." Okay so this was a line from my new favorite show Gilmore Girls--but just once in my life I would like someone to say this to me.

3 comments:

The Durbin Family said...

Your "new" favorite show? :) Hasn't this one been a fav for awhile??? Don't deny it...you're a "GiGi" lover!! I am NOT, I must admit. But you know that. Sorry I can't join you in your enthusiasm, but it's lines like "No, take the Porsche and keep planning our trip to Asia" (or whatever it was), lines that no one in their right mind actually thinks of and says on the spot, that make me annoyed with the show. But I guess I can't complain too much--I did watch Dawson's Creek after all...and that show was FULL of the most amazing lines that NO teenagers ever say to each other...I wonder if Tom Cruise was disappointed when Katie Holmes didn't have perfectly crafted responses to his musings on scientology and antidepressants. Hm. Oh well...I agree that it would be nice to have someone tell ME to "take the Porsche," although I can't imagine how silly I would look driving it around. Especially with Jack in the backseat. Do they even have backseats? Shows how little I know about cars. Well, thanks for letting me ramble on your blog. :) I'm glad Nate cleared things up about Chile--I'm not sure how Sophia would have turned out if he had not shared that with her. ;) Give her a squeeze for me.

Kimberly said...

I also LOVE the Gilmore Girls! When Noah was first born, Justin went out and bought me seasons 4 and 5 on DVD. Since most of my day was spent feeding, I watched GG a lot. I have to say though, this Logan kids had added a totally weird dynamic to the show. It use to be about a mom and daughter struggling to get by and the rich grandparents. Now Logan has made Rory all ritzy, kinda weird. But still a good show. I love how fast they talk and how funny they are...I can hardly keep up half of the time. And how do they get things that happened just days ago in on each episode? Anyway, just wanted to let you know I too love the GG and I have since the first season.

So cute that Nate is already giving Sophia a lesson in geography:)

Andrea Cooley said...

I LOVE Gilmore Girls (somehow I think Adam doesn't appreciate the witty dialogue as much as I do) and I would argue that I have conversations with friends that are just as witty as Loralai and Rorey. While I don't think I like where the season is going, the old seasons are classic

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails