Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Hmmmm

"So what exactly are roots?" My husband asked me when I was complaining that I needed to get my hair colored because my roots were showing. Try describing roots to a person, it was harder than I thought.
“Huh, he replied satisfied, “I always wondered about that.”
This was one of the few times that my husband and I realize we are different colors. Occasionally we discuss his Chadian culture but since he has spent so little time there we both feel like we’re learning together. Most of our differences have just been learning to live with a person of the opposite sex. It just makes me smile because I did the same thing to him days after we were married. On our honeymoon we were scheduled to go sea kayaking and headed to Wal-Mart to pick up an assorted supplies like a pair of shoes we could trek through water in. Also on the list was sun block, something I rarely use, but decided would be a prudent investment. As we stood in the sun block aisle, I was getting frustrated that I couldn’t find a mild sun block, seems like everyone is worried about cancer these days. (before you judge me its been clinically proven that people with more pigment in their skin have less of a chance of getting skin cancer, and I rarely burn) Pressed for time I was getting frustrated that Nate was just standing there. “Could you help me find like a 15? “I asked flustered. He looked at me blankly for a moment and said. “A 15 what?” It hit me like a ton of bricks. He had no idea what I was talking about. Thus began a mini lesson about white skin care. Now that we have a child on the way these little tid-bits are even more important. A least it amuses us!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I stumbled across you blog and even though your post is not nessesarly about getting your hair done, I thought I would warn you. You are not supposed to get chemicals into your hair when you are expecting, I am not entirely sure why, but it can be harmful to your baby. Ask your doctor.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails