"Is it filmed in San Francisco, in the bay by the Wave Organ?" I asked. Click. It came together in my memory. Summer 2009, celebrating San Francisco sunshine Sophia and I stumbled onto a Bollywood production filming My Name is Kahn. Check it out--the movie's reporting a worldwide release of over $19 million in three days. Not a bad review--but I'd love to hear yours.
Speaking of San Francisco, I just finished a great book you shouldn't pass up: Locked Rooms: A novel of suspense featuring Mary Russell and Sherlock Holmes. I've been on a bit of a Laurie King kick lately (I love the mystery/history combo this is a great example exploring San Fran and the Great Quake of 1906).
If you like Sherlock Holmes books, you'll love these titles by Laurie King:
- The Beekeeper's Apprentice: Or On the Segregation of the Queen/A Novel of Suspense Featuring Mary Russell and Sherlock Holmes (Mary Russell Novels), the first in the series where we meet a young Mary Russell and a retired Sherlock Holmes.
- Followed by their solidified partnership in A Monstrous Regiment of Women (Post WWI England).
- The Game (Mary Russell Novels)
- O Jerusalem (Mary Russell Novels)
- The God of the Hive: A novel of suspense featuring Mary Russell and Sherlock Holmes
Last but not least, I can't say enough about Touchstone by Laurie King. This time a masculine lead character recovering from WWI shell shock and it's unusual affects. If you like Jeffery Archer or Iian Pears An Instance of the Fingerpost: A Novel you'll love Touchstone.
A great movie or book has to be shared! Pass it on.